A new Welcome Window allows users to do many things, including:
The SAS Enterprise Guide interface has
The SAS Enterprise Guide workspace can have up to eight separate windows, which can be docked or undocked.
The View toolbar has toggle icons for each of these sas enterprise guide windows and several other settings for working with the interface.
The Maximize Workspace button changes the size of the active window to fill the entire SAS Enterprise Guide workspace.
Each window has a push-pin icon that helps manage your workspace.
When you select
This demonstration explores interface and functionality of SAS Enterprise Guide.
Select Start Ð All Programs Ð SAS Ð Enterprise Guide 3.0 to invoke SAS Enterprise Guide.
Select New Project in the Welcome window.
Because this is the first time SAS Enterprise Guide has been run on this computer, there is no current default server. Selectin the message box to open the Options window so that you can change the default server.
a. Select Administration from the list in the left side of the Options window.
The Options window allows many other options to be set.
b. Make sure ITConfig Metadata Repository is the active repository.
c. Select SASMain as the default server.
Selectto save the changes and close the Options window.
Select View Ð Stored Process List to access the Stored Process window.
a. Expand Training.
b. Locate Orion Customer List
|Related Article: SAS BI Interview Questions & Answers|
c. Right-click on the stored process and select Add to Project.
5. In the Process Flow window, right-click on the stored process and select Run this Stored Process.
6. Because this stored process has a parameter, a window prompts you for the value.
To view the log, right-click on the stored process and select Open Log.
When done viewing the report, close the HTML window and Log window if opened (select ).
Add Data to the Active Project
7. To add data to the project from the Orion Star data libraries, select File Ð Open Ð From SAS Server/Binder.
8. Select Servers Ð SASMain.
If prompted for credentials, enter the user ID and password provided by the instructor, and deselect Remember these credentials.
9. Double-click Libraries to view the libraries assigned to this server.
10. Double-click Target Tables Library.
11. Select OrderFact.
Close the table by selecting
13. Select Start Ð All Programs Ð SAS Ð SAS Management Console to invoke the SAS Management Console. Log in using the BIArchitecture metadata profile and the username and password provided by the instructor.
14. Expand the Data Library Manager and SAS Libraries.
15. Right-click on Target Tables Library and select Properties.
16. Select the Authorization tab.
17. Grant the Read permission to the PUBLIC group by selecting the appropriate check box.
Setting permissions on the library will apply that permission to all tables that are currently in the library as well as those that may be added in the future. Permissions can also be granted on individual tables within a library.
21. Make sure the OrderFact table is the active data source (selected), then select One-Way Frequencies from the Describe section of the Task List window.
22. When the task dialog opens, assign Order_Type to the Analysis variables role using drag and drop.
23. Use drag and drop to assign Order_Year to the Group analysis by role.
24. Select Statistics in the navigation list on the left to change the statistics in the Select Frequencies and percentages from the Frequency table options.
26. When done viewing, close the HTML page (select ).
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
Vinod M is a Big data expert writer at Mindmajix and contributes in-depth articles on various Big Data Technologies. He also has experience in writing for Docker, Hadoop, Microservices, Commvault, and few BI tools. You can be in touch with him via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 - 2023 MindMajix Technologies