SAS®9 provides the ability to save output to the SAS Report Model format using the SAS Output Delivery System (ODS). sas web report studio will be able to view ODS output stored in the SAS Report Model XML format.
Users can interact with the report by performing operations such as drilling, sorting, filtering, ranking, exporting, and group break navigation using the Table of Contents. This is feasible because SAS Web Report Studio stores reports in the common SAS Report Model XML format.
SAS Web Report Studio can use any or all of the following application servers:
SAS Web Report Studio
Which browsers are supported?
SAS Web Report Studio is started from your browser by entering a specific URL.
On the classroom machines you use:
The main window of SAS Web Report Studio includes links for
New reports can be created using the Report Wizard, which uses a point-and-click interface to gather information to build the report.
Another option for creating reports is the Report Builder, which allows the information for the report to be entered on one screen.
The below demonstration shows how to use SAS Web Report Studio to create a report.
1. Open an Internet Explorer window and enter the following URL: https://localhost:8080/saswebreportstudio
2. Enter the user name and password provided by your instructor.
After logging on, the main window of SAS Web Report Studio is displayed.
There are many options from the main window, including the ability to view an existing report, create a new report, and set SAS Web Report Studio preferences.
3. Begin creating a new report by selecting
The default interface is the Report Wizard – you can switch to the Report Builder by selecting
Notice that this is the first of five steps to create a report.
To navigate between the steps, choose either or
Step 1 of the Report Wizard – Select data for the report
4. Select a data source for the report; select the information map Orion Star Gold Customer Order Information.
Select to display the Data Source Information window.
When a data source has been selected, the data items are displayed. Select the desired data items and use to move them to the Selected Data Items: list.
5. Select the following fields:
to advance to the next step (step 2).
Step 2 of the Report Wizard – Sort or filter data (optional)
6. Change the sort order to Ascending for the following columns:
If there are any filters in the information map they will be available in the filter box the data item(s) the filter is based on.
A new filter can be created by selecting for the selected data item, this opens the Create new filter window.
7. Select to view the results of the query.
8. The Preview Data window displays a listing of the query results:
Select to export the data to Microsoft Excel.
9. Select to close the Preview Data window.
10. Select to advance to the next step (step 3).
Step 3 of the Report Wizard – Create group breaks (Optional)
11. Select Customer Gender as a Group break.
The default for group breaks is to have a new page for each value. This option produces a table of contents to navigate to each page of output.
Select to advance to the next step (step 4).
Step 4 of the Report Wizard – Select a table, graph, or both
Tables and graphs can be created for the desired report. If the Graph check box is not available, it is because a measure is not identified in the data.
12. Select the Table check box (if not already selected).
a. Enter Sales by Gender, Age, and Country as the Title for the Table.
13. Select the Graph checkbox.
a. Enter Retail Price Analysis as the Title for the Graph.
b. Select Pie for the graph type.
c. Specify Total Retail Price for This Product as the variable to set the segment size.
d. Specify Customer Age Group as the variable to set the segments.
Select to advance to the next step (step 5).
Step 5 of the Report Wizard – Define the header and footer
14. Enter Orion Star Marketing Data Mart as the Text for the Report header.
Select to exit the Report wizard and create the reports.
The report is displayed in the browser. Because the report is grouped by Customer Gender, a table of contents area is displayed on the left to enable users to page between the values.
Scroll to see both the graph and the table.
15. View information for the next group by selecting Males in the Table of Contents.
Across the top of this report preview there are a set of buttons.
|Modify||Returns to Report wizard for modifications|
|Options||Provides a choice to either left-align or center the report, and to choose between different styles for the report|
|Opens the print properties window|
|Save||Allows report to be saved|
|Create New||Invokes Report wizard to start on a new report|
The icons at the top of each section provide additional functionality for the section.
16. Select to save the report.
17. Select My folders and specify Customer Sales Analysis as the Report name.
Select to save the report.
18. Select the Choose Report tab at the top of the Web Report Studio window, and then select My Folders.
19. The Actions button to provides the ability to issue various commands for the selected report.
20. Select the actions button for the Customer Sales Analysis report and select Copy.
21. In the Copy Report window, select Shared folders and then Reports.
Select to perform the copy.
22. Choose to verify that the report was copied to this common report area.
23. Select the actions button for the Customer Sales Analysis report and select Rename.
24. Type in Shared Customer Sales Analysis.
Select to rename the file.
The list of reports is displayed showing the new name of the report.
26. Select the Report Creation tab and supply default header text of Orion Star Marketing Data Mart.
27. Select to close out of SAS Web Report Studio.
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.