The SAS information delivery portal is started from your browser by entering a specific URL.
On the classroom machines, you use: https://localhost:8080/Portal
Using the SAS Information Delivery Portal
This demonstration shows how to use the SAS information delivery portal
Open an Internet Explorer window and enter the following URL: https://localhost:8080/Portal
The SAS Information Delivery Portal Public Kiosk is displayed. This is the default page that all users see before they sign on to the portal:
2. Select Log On to sign on to the portal.
3. Enter the User name and Password provided by the instructor.
4. Select The initial content displayed contains one page with two portlets:
A collection portlet is a portlet that contains a list of portal content items. To use a collection portlet, click the name of an item in the list. Depending on the content type, the portal will either display the item or launch a new application in your browser window.
A bookmark portlet is a predefined portlet that enables you to maintain a list of content items that you want to refer to later. Bookmarks are generally used to maintain a list of content items for short-term use.
Add Content to the My Collection Portlet
Each portlet has a set of tools on the title bar:
5. Select the Edit icon,
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
in the My Collection portlet.
6. The Name or Description of the portlet can be changed, and keywords can be added to help in searches.
The asterisk indicated that the Name field is required.
7. The Create tab is selected by default. Create a new link by entering a name, description, URL, and keywords for the SAS WebSite.
Select : A message indicates that the link was added:
8. Select the Search tab to search for existing content to add. To search for all available content, type an asterisk in the Keywords field, select the Select All checkbox.
10. The available content is displayed. Select the box next to the following items to add to the Collection portlet:
1. Customer Age Analysis.srx (report)
2. Customer List (information map)
3. Orion Customer List (stored process)
11. Select when you are finished added content to the Collection portlet.
You may need to scroll the to the bottom of the page to find the
12. Type Orion Star Marketing Data Mart in the Name field and Information built in class in the Description field.
13. Select the updated portlet is displayed.
View the Content of the Collection Porlet
14. Select Customer Age srx to view the report created in SAS Web Report Studio.
15. Select to return to the portal page.
16. Select Customer List to view the data surfaced by the information map using the Visual Data Explorer.
17. Display data in the Visual Data Explorer by selecting the following in the Available items list:
1. Customer Age
2. Customer Country
18. Select to return to the portal page.
19. Select Orion Customer List to run and view the results of the stored process.
20. Select at the end of the Number of Records row.
21. Change the value to 10 and select and
The stored process is executed using the parameter specified, and the results are streamed back to the portal window.
22. Select to return to the portal page.
Add a Portlet to a Page
23. Select Options Ð Add Portlets….
24. Select the Search tab, type an asterisk in the Keywords field, and select
25. Select the check box for Alerts Portlet and SAS Information Maps Navigator.
The new portlets are added to the page.
27. Change the layout of the page by selecting Options Ð Edit.
28. Move the SAS Information Maps Navigator to Column 2 by selecting it and selecting
The Home page is updated and the new layout is displayed.
29. Select Orion Star Cube from the SAS Information Maps Navigator portlet to open the Visual Data Explorer and load the OLAP data surfaced by the information map.
30. Explore the options of this visual data explorer.
31. When finished, select to return to the portal page.
32. Select Log Off to return to the Log On screen.
33. Select File Ð Close to close the browser.