This demonstration shows how to create a logical grouping in the Custom tree view to organize your warehouse metadata. It also shows how to create a library definition and store it in the new logical group.
Invoke SAS ETL Studio by selecting Start Ð All Programs Ð SAS Ð SAS ETL Studio 1.
Select the metadata profile BIArchitecture, then select ok
The SAS ETL Studio desktop opens:
Select to close the Tip Of The Day window.
The first step in using Sas Etl Studio to build the orion star marketing data mart is to create groups in the Custom tree view. These groups are simply logical groupings of the metadata that comprise the repository. There is no corresponding physical file structure for the groups that are created. The groups can be defined using whatever logical grouping is relevant to your organization.
4. Select the Custom tab in the tree view area of SAS ETL
5. Selectto expand the Foundation repository.
The Foundation repository already has an Ungrouped group, which already contains several items. These were created during the configuration of the SAS Intelligence Architecture. Do not delete these files, as some will be used in future demonstrations and exercises.
6. Right-click Foundation and select New Group from the pop-up menu. The default name of the new group is Untitled.
7. Rename the new group to Libraries.
a. Right-click on the Untitled group.
b. Select Rename from the pop-up menu.
c. Type Libraries as the new name for the group.
8. From the Custom tab in the tree view area of the SAS ETL Studio desktop, select File Ð New Object….
9. In the New Object Wizard, select Library type, then
10. Under SAS Libraries, choose SAS Base Engine Library, then select
11. Type Target Tables Library in the Name field and select
12. Type Target in the Libref field, select BASE in the Engine field (default), then clickto define a new path because what you want is not in the list of available items.
13. Chooseto select the path The DataMarts directory does not exist and must be created on the operating system. This can be done from the Browse window by selecting
Remember: Using thebutton only allows you to browse the machine where the SAS Management Console is running. If the path is located on a different server, it must be typed in manually.
The path must physically exist on the operating system.
14. Select to close the Browse window. Verify the path selected above is now in the Selected items list.
16. Review the information and select
The library definition is added to the Ungrouped group.
17. Move the new library to the Libraries group using one of the methods below:
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
Vinod M is a Big data expert writer at Mindmajix and contributes in-depth articles on various Big Data Technologies. He also has experience in writing for Docker, Hadoop, Microservices, Commvault, and few BI tools. You can be in touch with him via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 - 2023 MindMajix Technologies