Tibco Hawk Deployment Checklist and Rulebase Monitoring
This Post provides several checklists for TIBCO Hawk deployment planning and highlights some of the best practice. Hawk is designed to monitor your applications locally. With the appropriate rulebase, you can start the application if it is not running. If your application writes status, warning or error messages into a logfile, Hawk can parse the logfile and take appropriate actions.
HAWK Deployment Planning Checklist and Rulebase Monitoring
Inclined to build a profession as Tibco bw Developer? Then here is the blog post on Tibco bw TRAINING ONLINE.
- Identify applications, systems, platforms and networks to be monitored.
- Identify pre-requisite software and operating system patches for Hawk (RV, JVM).
- Verify availability and compatible versions of RV, Hawk and JVM for the platforms required.
- Review network topology and identify systems to run RVRD for multiple subnets.
- Gather or review existing system and network administration policy, operation and maintenance procedures.
- Request and obtain the latest GA versions of RV, Tibco Hawk, JVM, documentation and any required software license.
- Determine strategy and steps for installation, configuration, verification, version control, upgrade and maintenance.
- Determine rulebase content and deployment details based on esp. 1, 4, and 5.
- Prepare a project plan with above information plus budget, resource and time estimates
Frequently Asked Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions & Answers
- Pre-requisites: RV, JVM and patches.
- Installation: Native install vs. untar; remote/mass installation/update using rdist/SMS.
- Agent Configuration: autoconfig vs. repository; Hawk AMI RV session parameters; cluster names; repository names; logfile parameters;
- Event Service Configuration: script for notification
- RV Configuration: RVD, RVRD
- Security Configuration: Trusted model – Trusted.txt, Agent/Display
- Configuration objects: Rulebasemap, Schedule, and Rulebases
- Auxiliary scripts, programs, utilities, files
- Autostart configuration: hawk2; NT services
Related Page: How To Monitor TIBCO EMS Using TIBCO HAWK
- Process existence monitoring: determine and start one instance or n number of instances of an application.
- Application logfile parsing: pattern match for status, warning or error messages on each new line and take actions accordingly.
- Process resource monitoring: check for CPU usage, memory usage, file system usage, etc. with upper/lower bounds/thresholds.
Explore Tibco bw Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!