What is UDDI in Web Services
Recommended by 0 users
- UDDI stands for Universal Description, Discovery and Integration.
- The UDDI specification enables businesses to quickly, easily, and dynamically find and transact with one another.
- UDDI enables a business to
- Describe its business and its services,
- Discover other businesses that offer desired services
- Integrate with these other businesses.
UDDI Data Model
The information that makes up a UDDI registry consists of instances of four core data structure types, the businessEntity, the businessService, the bindingTemplate and the tModel, together with instances of additional data structure types defined in the UDDI API Schema.
Each of the core data structure types is used to express specific types of data, arranged in the relationship shown
Why do we need a registry
- The ability to register, discover, and govern Web services is an essential requirement for any Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementation.
- A highly available environment contains multiple application server nodes, multiple instances, and multiple processes. Regardless of where the services will be deployed they have to be flexible enough to run anywhere without requiring changes to the actual process implementation.
- This need may not be fully appreciated in the early stages of an SOA roll-out when dealing with a small number of services.
- However, large organizations will typically need to support a large number of Web services, and as the number of services deployed grows to dozens or hundreds, centralized facilities for access and control of service metadata and artifacts becomes critical.
- A service registry provides these capabilities and is a key infrastructural component and cornerstone for SOA deployments
Registry and UDDI
UDDI defines a framework to enable the establishment of service registries to provide distributed directory service to the producers and consumers of Web services. It includes a common set of SOAP-based APIs to support registration and advertisement of Web services by service producers, and to facilitate the searching and lookup of Web services by service consumers.
Enroll for Instructor Led Live Tibco BW Training