How to Create Parameterized Filters in Cognos
Brief on Parameterized Filters
Filter is nothing but a condition to restrict the data to be displayed on the report. A parameterized filter prompts the end user to select the value Or enter the value to restrict the data returned from the database.
A parameterized filter is known as PROMPT. Following are the various types of prompts.
1) Text box prompt
2) Value prompt
3) Select & search prompt
4) Date prompt
5) Time prompt
6) Date & time prompt
7) Tree prompt
8) Generated prompt
Learn how to use Cognos, from beginner basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry experts. Enroll for Free Cognos Training Demo!
- A prompt creates based on the data type of a Query item, such prompts are called as generated prompts.
Design a list report with a basic parameterized filter:
- Add the following query items to the list
- Order number
- Order date
- Product name
- Define the sort (ascending) on the order date query item
- From menu bar, select Data
- Select Filters
- Select Edit filters
- Select Detail filter
- Click on
- Click on Advanced Radio button
- Double click on Order date
- Provide the functions operators ≥
- Type ?ord_date?
- Click on OK
- Click on OK
- Save & Run the report
Design A List Report With A Basic Parameterized Filter
Frequently Asked Cognos Interview Questions & Answers
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.