Data formats: Numbers, strings, dates
Recommended by 0 users
Using symbols and patterns can provide similar results as basic data formatting tasks. Patterns allow flexibility for more complex requirements.
Each supported content language code requires a specific set of symbols to be used in patterns. For each language code, there are two tables you will need; one for date and time symbols, and one for decimal symbols.
Formatting data in a report improves readability.
Data Formatting Properties
In the reports we can format numbers, strings, dates, currency and percentage (Different objects)
The following is a list of properties available in the data formatting dialog.
- Maximum No. of Digits
- Minimum No. of Digits
- No. of Decimal Places
- Date Ordering
- Date Separator
- Date Style
- Currency Display
- Currency Symbol
- Currency Symbol Position
- Percentage Symbol
- Percent Scale
- Create a list report using the following query items
- Order number
- Order date
- Product name
- Select order date data cell
- In the properties window
- Under data
- Select data format
- Click on eclipse
- Select the format type – select date
- Set following properties – select – Date style – Medium
- From Date separator select – Date ordering – Day, Month, Year
- Click on OK– Save & Run the report