1) It is a single suite for end-to-end business solution.
2) It has extended capability for extraction, transformation and loading.
3) Low cost TCO [Total cost of ownership]
4) Highly scalable – It supports multiple instances to connect o the server without sacrificing its performances.
The BMI is said to be a “linear scalable application” due to having CMS (central management server) and PBM (Policy Based Management) servers. (“2008R2”).
Learn how to use MSBI, from beginner basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry experts. Enroll for Free MSBI Training Demo!
Full compatibility between the components of MSBI
– All components runs in the single runtime called ‘CLR’ [common language runtime].
i.e., it is having similar coding, Notation (naming).
– Full support to .Net, XML. and webservices (universal language)
– MSBI provides very good support to the semiware house application (if we are reusing OLTP functionality in ware house.
|System Type||Time Taken||No.of rows it operates|
|OLTP(Online Transaction Processing)Ex: Immediate operations booking tickets, movie tickets etc…||Seconds||Less|
|DSS(Decision Support System)Ex: The no.of saving account opened in year 2009 and 2010||Minutes/ hours||More|
|OLCP(Online Complex Processing)Ex: Loan Application||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
|OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
OLTP and DSS are Traditional systems
OLCP and OLAP are Modern systems
Ex: The no of saving accounts opened for the years 2009 & 2010 every month-wise and every location of INDIA & SINGAPORE.
Explore MSBI Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!