1) It is a single suite for end-to-end business solution.
2) It has extended capability for extraction, transformation and loading.
3) low-cost TCO [Total cost of ownership]
4) Highly scalable – It supports multiple instances to connect o the server without sacrificing its performances.
The BMI is said to be a “linear scalable application” due to having CMS (central management server) and PBM (Policy Based Management) servers. (“2008R2”).
|If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in MSBI, then enroll in "MSBI Training" - This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.|
Full compatibility between the components of MSBI
– All components runs in the single runtime called ‘CLR’ [common language runtime].
i.e., it is having similar coding, Notation (naming).
– Full support to .Net, XML. and web services (universal language)
– MSBI provides very good support to the semiware house application (if we are reusing OLTP functionality in the warehouse.
|Related Article: Msbi Interview Questions|
|System Type||Time Taken||No.of rows it operates|
|OLTP(Online Transaction Processing)Ex: Immediate operations booking tickets, movie tickets etc…||Seconds||Less|
|DSS(Decision Support System)Ex: The no. of saving account opened in year 2009 and 2010||Minutes/ hours||More|
|OLCP(Online Complex Processing)Ex: Loan Application||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
|OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
OLTP and DSS are Traditional systems
OLCP and OLAP are Modern systems
Ex: The no of saving accounts opened for the years 2009 & 2010 every month-wise and every location of INDIA & SINGAPORE.
|Explore MSBI Sample Resumes Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!|
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.