1) Ghz Pentium – III Compatible (or) faster processor (2GHZ (or) faster recommended).
2) 512 MB of RAM (or) more (2GB or higher recommended).
3) 2.1 GB free hard disk space for SQL Server installation files and samples.
1) A Compatible operating system.
Many versions of windows server and desktop OS, including win XP2 or later, win server 2003 (with sp2), windows vista, and Windows 2008.
• Click “Setup” –> Select the first option from the window opened i.e., New SQL New SQL Server stand-alone installation (or) added features
• Click on the –> Required components
• Instance Configuration.
• Server configuration
Specify the same account, the password for all the below services (or) different user id, the password for each service.
|If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in MSBI, then enroll in "MSBI Training" - This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.|
Note:- Before the installation process, we should have a valid user account and password.
• Database configuration.
Authentication mode –> Select mixed mode (SQL Server authentication & Windows authentication).
Built-in SQL Server system administrator account user name:-
• Reporting services configuration –> Select the “Install the native mode default configuration” option
• After clicking the option it asks user-id & password specify & click next
|Related Article: Msbi Interview Questions|
a) BIDS (SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studio)
This studio is required to work with IS, AS & RS applications
Navigation: Start –> Programs –> SQL Server 2008 –> SSBIDS
b) SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
This is useful to work with IS, AS, RS, SQL Server mobile, and normal databases (Managing and for firing queries on the databases, it is useful).
Navigation: Start –> Programs –> SQL Server2008 –> SSMS
c) Command Line utilities
SSIS –> DTUTIL
–> DTUTIL EXEX
SSRS –> RS
–> RS CONFIG
–> RS KEY MGMT
|Explore MSBI Sample Resumes Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!|
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.