In this article, we will guide you on how to download and install Microsoft Power BI Desktop in Windows in simple & easy steps. Before we are proceeding to download Power BI desktop, you must be aware of the following system requirements. Here is the list of OS, which supports Power BI Installation - Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Interested in mastering Power BI? Enrol now to learn Power BI Training Course
Well, let's discuss downloading Power BI desktop in detail.
Download Power BI Desktop
Let's get started!
- To download the Power BI Desktop application, first, go to the Official Power BI Website. The following image shows you a download page from the official website and also the Download or Language Options.
- Once you click the Download or Language Options, you will notice the following dropdown box.
- Next, you can select any one of the languages as per your need in the dropdown box.
- Once a language is selected, it will dynamically change the content to that language. Please click the Download button.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- The download button offers you to choose a downloadable OS file either 32Bit or 64Bit ( depending upon your system architecture).
Visit here to know about Power BI Architecture
- The Next button will be enabled once you select either of the FileNames. Now, Click the Next button to download it on your device.
- Once you open the downloadable file on your system, you will notice the following dialog box.
- Once you click the Next button, you will be asked to click the Next button to continue or the Cancel button to exit in the dialog box.
- The license agreement dialog box is displayed once you click the Next button. Now the Next button will be enabled after you click the checkbox.
- Click the Next button to open the Destination folder. The folder allows you to either leave the default C location or use the Change button to alter your desired location for installing Power BI Desktop Application in your device.
- Please, Click the Next button to give you the following alternatives.
1. Are you ready to Install? If, yes click the Install button (or)Do you want to review or change any of the installation settings? If yes, click Back Button. Next, click the Install button for installation.
- Please, wait until the installation is finished.
- Click the Finish button to initialize the process.
- Please, Wait for a few seconds to start Power BI Desktop.
Upcoming Batches - Power BI Training!
7:00 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
- Here you can see the installed Power BI Desktop Page. Let me Close the start page.
- That’s it. Power BI Desktop is now ready for analytics or report development!
So, this was all about installing Power BI Desktop. Hope you like our explanation.
Hence, in this guide, we saw how easy it is to install the Power BI Desktop on your computer. It does not take more than 5 minutes in the best case.
Still, If you have any confusion, drop a query on the below comment tab.