Selenium is one of the most used Web User Interface automation testing suites. Selenium supports automation over different platforms, browsers and programming languages. We can deploy Selenium quickly on platforms like Linux, Solaris, Windows and Macintosh. It also supports an operating system for mobile applications like android and ios.
If you want to become a professional in this domain and build a career in it, then visit Mindmajix - a global online training platform: "Selenium Online Certification Course". This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Selenium supports various programming languages by using drivers specific to each language. Selenium supports the following languages:
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Currently, selenium web driver is most famous with C# and Java. We can code selenium test scripts in any programming languages that are mentioned above and run them directly in modern web browsers. Selenium supports the following web browsers.
We can use Selenium to automate the functional tests and can integrate them with automation test tools like:
We use these tools for continuous testing; we can also integrate with tools like JUnit and TestNG to generate reports and manage test cases.
- Selenium is a portable and open-source web testing Framework.
- We can consider it as one of the leading cloud-based platforms for testing through which testers can record their actions and transport them as a reusable script.
- Selenium IDE gives a record and playback feature for authoring tests without any need to learn test scripting language.
- Selenium supports parallel test execution to increase efficiency and to reduce time.
- We can integrate Selenium with testing frameworks for generating reports and application testing.
- We can also integrate Selenium with frameworks like Maven and Ant for source code compilation.
- Selenium demands very few resources when compared with other automation testing tools.
- There is no need to install any server for selenium web drivers, and test scripts directly interact with the browser.
- Commands of Selenium are classified in terms of classes so that it is straightforward to understand and implement.
Limitations of using Selenium:
- Selenium doesn’t support automation testing for desktop-based applications.
- Selenium is an open-source if there are any technical issues you have to rely on community forums to resolve those issues.
- High skill sets are demanded by Selenium to automate tests more efficiently.
- Selenium does not support automation testing on web services like REST and SOAP.
- We should know any supported programming language to create test scripts in selenium webdriver.
- We cannot perform testing on images.
- Selenium gives no test tool integration for managing tests.
- It takes a lot of time to create a test environment in Selenium when compared to vendor tools like Silk test, RFT, UFT and so on.
- New features may or may not work correctly.
Tool Suite of Selenium:
Selenium is not a single tool; it is a suite of software, each with a distinctive way to support automation testing. It includes four components:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment(IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control(RC)
- Web Driver
- Selenium Grid
Is Selenium easy to learn?
Yes it is Selenium is very simple and easy to learn but you should have basic knowledge of programming languages like C#, Java, Python and Ruby. And if you do not have a basic understanding of these languages they do not worry because selenium IDE is a GUI based tool which you can use efficiently.
Blue prism is a UK based software development company in the automation field. This company has come up with one of the leading RPA tools, also named blue prism. This blue prism tool is mainly used for developing software robots which help in automating tasks and eliminating manual work. The Robot Process Automation(RPA) was first introduced by Blue Prism group.
Instead of manual workforce Blue Prism helps business operations to be fast and cost-effective by automating rule-based, manual back-office and repetitive tasks. Blue Prism also makes use of “Digital Workforce” that provides adequate security, accuracy, resilience and more compliance. This tool is based on Java language and gives an easy to use interface combined with a visual designer.
Pre-requisites of Blue-Prism:
- Blue Prism does not need any IT skills to implement.
- Can be implemented in the dart of 4-8 weeks.
- Blue prism is significantly less costly when compared to the TCO of different solutions.
- We can manage Blue Prism in IT infrastructure and processes.
Features of Blue Prism:
- Work Queues: using the queue-centric approach, the blue prism tool dynamically manages the number of resources and robots are functioning on the provided queue at a particular time.
- Plug and Play Access: the ecosystem technology of Blue Prism RPA gives a Plug and Play access without any need of the code or development to your business functions.
- Dependency Tracking: Using Blue Prism RPA, you can acquire an interactive view of the design process to track how the component is referenced within the strategy by which we can boost support maintenance and development.
- Digital Exchange: Blue Prism digital exchange constitutes an ecosystem of best-in-class AI technologies of companies you believe in creating your RPA bot more intelligent. It gives you immediate access to the innovative, pre-built resolutions and functions for downloadable resources. This drag-and-drop functionality removes coding & development activities and provides a trouble-free practice.
- Web API: The Blue Prism software gives a graphical user interface to configure Artificial Intelligence Solutions of its technology ecosystem associates. The platform accomplishes this by establishing the arrangement of 3rd party association with Visual Business Objects. Later, you can move and shoot the VBO within business methods.
- Advanced schedular: Advanced Scheduler is one of the great features within the Blue Prism Product architecture, which relies upon a resource pooling. This option directly arranges the modes within the system, which recognises their routine as well as schedule. This design permits you to generate as many pools as required individually, and the complete schedules remain the same.
Limitations Of Using Blue Prism:
- Lack of strategy: the most obvious snare is a lack of plan, governance, and preparation. Firms require to set a distinct vision, governance, and execution objectives when utilising RPA solutions to ascend their operations. Initiatives require to be business-led, including a well-understood end state. You must include stakeholders of IT, marketing, support, compliance, also HR to assure strategic alignment over the business.
- Operational risks: There is a preference which says robots will nevermore be wrong, and they may receive it right more often than humans because the interval between reading and writing does much smaller. But, unlike a human, a robot does not understand intuitively when something goes opposite and will not surrender to ask questions. There will be bugs that go ignored, and that can increase operational failures. It is necessary to have checks plus balances, including human omission in place.
- Employee Resistance: Employees’ resistance to remaining replaced by robots is a genuine concern. The most reliable way to see RPA is as a “helper.” Its value is in automating the monotonous, everyday tasks plus allowing staff to concentrate on greater value and further exciting work.
|We use Selenium to automate web application testing.||We use RPA for automating business process like record maintenance, queries, calculations and so on.|
|Selenium automates the web page.||RPA automates the backend process.|
|Selenium is an open-source tool and free.||Blue Prism is available in the market.|
|Selenium doesn’t support huge data.||We can maintain a large amount of data using RPA.|
|Selenium’s life cycle is very complicated.||RPA life cycle is effortless to understand.|
Learn RPA Tools From Mindmajix:
|Automation Anywhere||RPA Infrastructure|
|Kofax||OpenSpan by Pegasystems|
|NICE Actimize RPA||and more....|