Digitalization enables the organizations in serving the growing needs of the increased population. But it is associated with different tools and requires a diversified skill set is needed to handle it. Unfortunately, there are minimal human resources available in the market who possess this diversified skill set, and they are not sufficient to address this scarcity problem. To resolve this issue, entire IT industry needs a solution that could be fast, reliable, and capable enough to solve this problem. And finally, they found a solution to this problem in the form of RPA. UIPath is one of the major RPA tools. Now, let’s start with knowing what RPA is all about.
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation is a software that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to automate the backend office processor to perform the tasks without human intervention. These tasks could be calculations, queries, maintenance of records, etc. RPA technology is referred to as a software robot or a Bot which mimics a human activity.
What is meant by UIPath?
UI path is one of the widely used robotic process automation tools and it was founded by the Romanian entrepreneur in the year 2015 to provide software which can eliminate the tedious time consuming back office works. It converts boring tasks into automated ones with the help of unique tools. It enables your processes to be more effective and reliable.
[Related Page: RPA Tools Comparison]
Products of UIPath
We have three products available on the UIPath platform. They are as follows.
- UIPath Studio: A successful automation business requires a tool that can have the capability to model your business process despite the complexities and the scale of activities that your company is associated with. UIPath Studio is a powerful, user-friendly automation canvas available on UIPath.
- UIPath Studio has a wide variety of features which can easily integrate with any language and promotes ease of use, efficiency, and scalability. UIPath Studio enables us in designing our automation process in a visualized way.
- UIPath Robot: The Job of a UIPath Robot is to start the executing process, once you get completed with the UIPath Studio process. The Robot will begin executing business activities with perfect accuracy. All a robot needs is a perfectly predefined rule and set of accurate data.
- UIPath Orchestrator: It is a server-based application that helps us in managing the automation process such as deploy, schedule, monitor, and manage robots process. It acts as a central platform in managing the overall performance of the automation.
- The Orchestrator runs on a server to connect all robots to this server and passes instructions on different events such as whether to attend, unattended, or be idle for a particular event. Browser-based orchestration enables management of hundreds of robots through a single click.
Types of UI path projects
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
There are two types of standalone projects that are available in the UIPath and they are process and library. Let's discuss each of them in detail.
A process forms an association between an environment and a package. A package is a predefined pack of services developed using the Jacada Integration and Automation (JIA) application. Every time a package is inserted into an environment, it automatically gets distributed to all the robot machines that are connected to the environment.
The process page will allow you to manage previously created associations, to deploy an uploaded package to robot environment, and keeps all your processes up to date. It facilitates us in easily distributing the packages on the robot machines and creates a faster process from the jobs page.
A library is a package which contains various reusable components. Libraries are saved in the form of files and can be installed when they are required to handle the excess workflows using the package manager. In Orchester, this is termed as a centralised place to store all the libraries, namely the library page. From this destination, the libraries are available to access by the people who have permission or accessibility to it.
A process library is defined as a sequence of tasks with a well-defined business function, which makes them suitable for reusability and sharing. On the Libraries page, you have an option to view and delete the libraries that had been used on the UIPath Studio, and also the files that were uploaded manually.
Types of Supported workflows in UIPath
In UIPath, the Automation is associated with multiple aspects and it enables you to automate the rule-based process. To achieve effective automation, each work should be assigned to a specific thing and can be performed effectively. Each activity in UIPath has to undergo small activities like reading a file, clicking a button, writing a log panel, etc.
Below mentioned are the essential workflows in UIPath.
- Sequences: It best suits for the linear process in moving from one stage to another without causing any disturbance to the workflow.
- Flowcharts: It is designed to suit the organizations whose automation requires some logical ability. It clears all the problems in a diversified manner through multiple branching operations.
- State machines: It is well designed to suit the needs of the organizations which have huge workflows and a large number of transactions. State machine uses an infinite number of states in their execution which are triggered by a condition (transition) or task.
- Global exception handler: It is suitable for identifying the workflow behavior while encountering an execution error.
Upcoming Batches - UiPath Training!
6:30 AM IST
7:00 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
[Related Blog: Robotic Process Automation Examples]
Features of UIPath
The below listed ones are some of the important features of UIPath.
- Hosting Options: It can be hosted on virtual terminals or cloud environment.
- Application compatibility: It offers a facility to work with a wide range of applications, including web and desktop applications.
- Centralised repository: This feature helps in handling all robots simultaneously by the users.
- Security measures: It provides high-security auto-login features to run the bots.
- Advanced Screen Scraping solution: Its scraping solution works with various types of applications such as Java, .Net, PDF, Flash, Legacy, and SAP with utmost accuracy.
- The best tool for Modeling the Business process: The UIPath Studio provides automation excellence with its model business process.
- Scalability and Robustness: It is equipped with features like tackling the debugging and exception handling mechanisms. Also, it looks after the activities of Artificial Intelligence like handling Outlook, Excel, PDF, etc.
[Related Page: Getting The Work Done Using Robust Process Automation]
As the automation reaching every corner of today's world, it has become essential for organizations in choosing the right tool that best suits their organizational needs. UIPath is having a wide variety of features that are needed for the effective implementation of automation in an organization. RPA is being used in various areas which include remote applications, scraping techniques, data handling techniques, etc. UIPath eliminates the difficulties in moving the manual processes to automation with its unique features.
Learn RPA Tools From Mindmajix:
|Kofax||OpenSpan by Pegasystems|
|Kofax Capture||Blue Prism|
|NICE Actimize RPA||and more....|