Frameworks make developer's life easier; how? Using a software framework to develop applications, developers can focus on high-level functionalities because low-level functionalities are fully taken care of by the framework. Let's have a look at the Top 9 Java EE frameworks to develop complex applications.
If you would like to become a J2EE Certified professional, then Enroll Our J2EE Certification Training Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Best Java EE Frameworks Tools in 2021
Here is the list of Java EE Frameworks tools:
- Spring framework
- Hibernate Framework
- Struts Framework
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) Framework
- Google Web Kit (GWT)Framework
- Play Framework
- Grails Framework
- Vert.X Framework
- Apache Wicket
#1. Spring framework
Spring is a popular application framework for Java loved by developers. This framework offers integrated advanced features and resources to create almost any type of application. It runs on the JVM and supports several other programming languages like Kotlin and Groovy.
Spring framework performs recurring tasks in programming such as messaging, data processing, and security. It has a very complicated configuration compared to other frameworks but provides several advanced features useful for the enterprise edition applications.
- Easy test-ability and Backward compatibility
- Provides efficient Eco-system and community
- Enables to lead flexible code base like Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs)
- Supports a large number of packages and classes for enterprise application development
#2. Hibernate Framework
Hibernate is an open-source Java Framework, also called Object Relational Mapping (ORM) framework widely used to built database structures. It provides HQL query language for database management and offers smooth integration between the databases and Java-based web applications.
- Provides a secure and robust application base
- Simple to change data into multiple databases.
- HQL integrated with Independent database commands
- It offers collections like Set, Map, and List to enhance applications
#3. Struts Framework
Apache Struts is an open-source MVC framework used by developers to build elegant Java applications. It uses MVC architecture, i.e., Model View Controller, to develop interactive Java-web applications.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
The Apache Software Foundation has developed the Struts framework with a secure plug-in architecture, which allows extending the framework by creating JAR files to the classpath of Java-web applications. This framework integrates with multiple plugins, and many of them enable developers to incorporate Struts with different Java frameworks like JSF, JUnit, Spring, etc.
- Well-tested and Stable framework
- It works efficiently with AJAX, REST API’s, and SOAP
- Supports different types of templates and themes
- Create web applications using simple, POJO actions
- It allows integration with other frameworks via plugins
#4. JavaServer Faces (JSF) Framework
JSF is a framework used for building web applications and server-side UI components. It has many APIs that let a developer manage UI components and a custom tag library to develop the JSF interface. By using the Integrated Development Environment (IDE), it becomes astonishingly comfortable to build web applications.
JavaServer Faces Features
- Bean Annotations
- Support HTML5
- Component-Based Framework
- Support Internationalization
- Default Exception Handling
- Implements Facelets Technology
- Ease and Rapid web Development
- Integration with Expression Language
Read these latest J2EE Interview Questions that helps you grab high-paying jobs!
#5. Google Web Kit (GWT) Framework
This framework enables developers to build and test Ajax applications using Java. It has also encouraged developers to create complex web applications for sectors such as banking and trading etc.
Google Web Kit Features
- Dynamic and reusable UI components
- Simple RPC mechanism.
- Browser history management.
- Support for full-featured Java debugging.
#6. Play Framework
Play web framework has a user-friendly, lightweight, and stateless structure that allows developing scalable web applications quickly using Java & Scala.
By using Akka open-source toolkit, this framework is created and runs on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Akka open-source toolkit includes essential tools and features and user-friendly interfaces for developing web applications and therefore increases the productivity of development.
- Secure configuration
- Enormous Ecosystem
- Developer productivity is very high
- Creates loosely coupled web applications
- Available with Selenium, JUnit and unit testing
#7. Grails Framework
Grails is an open-source Groovy-based framework. Groovy language enhances productivity and enables Oops concepts to develop applications. Learning Groovy is easy that easily integrates with other Java components and features. Also, it has a community and offers more than 900 plugins managed by the community level.
- Persistence framework
- Templates using Groovy Server Pages
- Extensible and customizable Ajax support
- Dynamic tag libraries to develop web page components
#8. Vert.X Framework
- Event-Driven run time, Non-blocking
- Easy to use scalability and concurrency
- Polyglot (supports several languages)
#9. Apache Wicket
Wicket is known as “Apache Wicket” because it can be accessed through Apache Software Foundation. Apache Wicket is an open-source and lightweight web framework having an excellent user interface. Developers use it to develop server-side web applications scripted in Java.
A developer can create simple HTML pages and decrease the complexity of writing Wicket applications. With pure Java code and HTML markup, Wicket is the go-to web framework for developers. This popular framework also contains powerful test applications that enhance the productivity of development.
Apache Wicket Features
- Support HTML and Java languages
- Easy to write and organize your code
- Documentation and Support
- Debug to test particular components of your code
Java Enterprise Edition Frameworks provide a skeleton or complete structures of an application that helps the programmer with the basic tools to create a web-based application or any kind of software. Frameworks consist of a huge collection of pre-written code.
These were some of the most popular JavaEE frameworks used by programmers to develop robust applications.