From our articles about Azure Active Directory, you must have learned the basics. Now, let us learn about Domain Services of Azure Active Directory.
Azure AD Domain Service:
This is a methodology of accessing cloud-based applications available in IT Infrastructure of an enterprise for its data transactions and operations.
It allows accessing all the older cloud-based applications running on Azure virtual machines onto Microsoft's cloud infrastructure that are not using the latest authentication protocols.
Every user in that organization can access the applications through their official login credentials.
If you want to become certified and make a career in this platform, then you can visit Mindmajix a global training online platform: "Azure course", This course will help you to become a certified professional in this platform.
Related Page: Azure Load Balancer
Azure Active Directory Domain Services Features
1. Effortless deployment enables you to deploy Azure AD Domain Services with ease regardless of your Azure AD tenant
2. Supporting domain-join automated in the Azure virtual network that Azures AD Domain Services.
3. AD Directory’s specific domain instance separately and individually.
4. Custom named domains along with the built-in suffix (i.e. *.onmicrosoft.com) offered by your Azure AD directory.
5. No need to configure or manage user accounts, group memberships and user credentials (passwords) of your Azure AD directory are automatically synchronized to Azure AD Domain Services.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
6. Rely on Windows authentication by deploying NTLM and Kerberos authentication.
7. Corporate credentials/passwords for all your users in your organization for their interactions.
8. No limits to regions with guarantees service uptime and failure prevention with the help of built-in health monitoring automated remedy alerts for your domain.
9. Integrate with any popular management tools LDAP.
10. One can shut down the system to update the domain controller and restart it.
11. Fine-grained password policies allow creating multiple passwords to accounts apply different restrictions in a single domain.
12. Offline defragmentation of tasks in the Active Directory database can also be made without restarting the domain controller.
13. Read-only LDAP access.
14. Kerberos/ NTML kind of authentication protocols are used for authorization monitoring.
Azure Active Directory Domain Services for an Enterprise
1. Own Infrastructure as Service-Based computing and customers can now use a domain-based service reducing the cost involved in setting up a virtual machine.
2. Customers can deploy their IT Infrastructure custom modules across all their premises.
3. Hourly based charging option is available which is much useful for small size directories.
4. Globally distributed over all data centers of an enterprise.
5. Data and its processing is highly secured and is centrally managed
Related Page: Azure DNS
AAD Domain Services Set Up can be done in 4 simple steps:
1. Creating AAD DC Administrators.
2. Setting up a virtual network and its subnet.
3. Configure DNS settings
4. Creation of User credentials
Thus, Azure Active Domain Services provides a” DO IT YOURSELF” approach to all kinds of application deployment. The applications can be deployed on a cloud server with a standard cloud domain so that your on-premises AD environment is completely separate. With just simple cloud credentials you can deploy multiple applications with a single virtual machine.
If your Infrastructure requires you to create connect your Azure resources to on-premises network, then also you can do it by creating duplicate domain controllers or creating Expressroute connection that will not disturb the actual network firewall.
If you interested to learn Azure and build a career then check out our Azure training Course at your near Cities
Microsoft Azure Course BangaloreMicrosoft Azure Course HyderabadMicrosoft Azure Course PuneMicrosoft Azure Course DelhiMicrosoft Azure Course ChennaiMicrosoft Azure Course NewyorkMicrosoft Azure Course WashingtonMicrosoft Azure Course DallasMicrosoft Azure Course Maryland, Microsoft Azure Training VirginiaMicrosoft Azure Training Pennsylvania
These courses are incorporated with Live instructor-led training, Industry Use cases, and hands-on live projects. This training program will make you an expert in Microsoft Azure and help you to achieve your dream job.