Is the Programming language of Python just going over your head? We are here to help you with it. The Python programming is not as complicated as one thinks. It is a very powerful and versatile programming language that was primarily set up as gap-filler that would automate the normal boring stuff.
The history of the Python programming language dates back to 1991 although the creator, Guido Van Rossum had started working on it during the late 1980’s. He was aiming at creating a language that can be used as an interpreted language and that’s how Python was born.
But at present, the popularity of Python has elevated to such a level that it has become a very prominent element in the web development industry. The main reasons for the sudden outgrowth of Python are simple and elegant syntax, extensibility, portability, etc.
1. Simple syntax: Python offers a very simple and elegant syntax. If you are new to the world of programming, Python is a very good choice to make. In comparison with other programming languages like C++, Java, etc. Python is very easy to read and write. This feature of Python allows the programmer to concentrate more on the solution rather than the syntax.
2. Object-Oriented Programming: Python is an object-oriented programming language (OOP). Being an OOP has its own set of advantages. Since everything in Python is an object, complex problems can be divided into smaller ones by creating objects.
3. High level interpreted language: Python is a high-level interpreted language which provides many benefits to its programmers like Python programmers never have to really worry about the lower level operations. This is because of the fact that while the Python code is run, your code is being automatically converted into a language that the computer will be able to comprehend. Moreover, unlike other programming languages like C++ or C, Python is not burdened with tasks like memory management, garbage collection, etc.
4. Free and open source: Python can be used and distributed freely and even the source code of Python can be changed. It has the support of a large community that is trying to improvise it in each iteration.
5. Portability: Being an object-oriented programming language has its own set of benefits. Python is platform independent. It can be moved from one platform to another effortlessly and it runs on almost all platforms including Windows, Linux and so on.
6. Extensible and Embeddable: In order to provide a better performance of your application, you can embed bits of C or C++ to the Python code. By doing so, it is not only the performance that will be improvised. The scripting capabilities also get better and this facility is solely provided by the Python.
According to some recently conducted third-party surveys, it was found that Python is the most popular programming language that is used by the data scientists worldwide. The career scope in the field of this programming language has elevated to a great extent since 2015, when for the first time in the past few decades Java stood second in popularity and credit goes to none other than Python.
With the steady rise in popularity, the career opportunities of Python have also increased on a large scale. Some of the organizations like Mozilla, Pinterest, Slideshare and Reddit have almost all their new codes written with the help of Python.
Forty-one large organizations use Python as their primary programming language.
It is a widely acknowledged fact that Google has now decided to take up Python as their secondary coding language and has also announced that it will be using Python for its upcoming new product features.
It is not just the career opportunities and scope that is high for Python. The salary structure is also very much attractive. In the United States and the United Kingdom, Python is the fastest growing programming language.
Career opportunities are many even if you are a fresher who is looking for a job in the field of Python. If you have a very strong programming base and problem-solving skills and if you have the right aptitude to learn, Python is a platform that will earn you more than you can even imagine. The pay for them is also in lucrative range.Experienced professionals will have a better pay compared to the freshers and while hiring experienced developers, along with the salary package, the expectations will also be high.
The average salary of a Python developer in India with 2 to 4 years of experience is around 5 lakhs whereas that of a Ruby developer is 4.8 lakhs. In the United Kingdom, the average salary of an experienced Python developer is 73,700 Euros.
In Canada, the average salary of a Python developer is $99,581 which is almost triple of the median wage in the country. In Germany, the salary of a Python developer is around 48,458 Euros. So on a generalized basis, we can say that the pay of Python developers are stable and very lucrative irrespective of the country they work in.
Python is used in a wide range of fields like Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Web development and much more. Most of the job portals have a listing of 1300 to 3000 jobs for Python developers. Having Python in your resume will help you fetch a job in a reputed firm to hold the post of :
Python being one of the most popular programming languages as of now is assuring a very bright future to its skilled professionals. Python is a high-level programming language that emphasizes more on the readability of code. It is a very easy language and since it is powerful and versatile, it has become the most prominent choice among both beginners and experts at the same time. The trend of Python is not going to die down anytime soon so it would be a wise decision to learn Python.
Python is one of the most prominently used programming languages around the world. It has gained immense popularity over the past couple of years and because of the very promising future that it assures and the flexible and versatile features that it offers. It is one such programming language that is very simple to learn because of its simple and elegant syntax and the versatility of Python. If you are looking for a career in the field of web development that will help you earn big time along with a promising career, get started with Python.
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules