Salesforce is an outstanding cloud computing utility developed to assist you in handling your customer relationships. It facilitates us to handle customer relationships, incorporates them with the other systems, and further they can develop applications. Salesforce extended from a CRM to provide a number of products. It traces end-users activities like email, website visits, several incoming and outgoing calls, etc.
History of Salesforce
- Salesforce was established in 1999, and it was established by former Oracle employees Frank Dominguez, Marc Benioff, and Parker Harris.
- In October 2014, Salesforce started building its own customer success platform to integrate service, marketing, sales, etc.
- In 2017, Salesforce initiated Facebook Analytics Tool.
- In 2018, Salesforce collaborated with Apple for enhancing applications for enterprises.
- Salesforce.com transformed its functionalities into 16 languages.
Advantages of Salesforce
- It is the best solution for sales, marketing, partner management, service, and community management.
- As data from Salesforce is saved in the cloud, therefore we can use it everywhere in the globe through an internet connection.
- It provides all the requirements for small and large organizations.
- It enhances customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty.
- It speeds up productivity.
- Salesforce can smoothly incorporate with the applications.
- It enhances the development of our businesses.
- [Related Article: Salesforce Tutorial]
Kinds of Services offered by Salesforce
- Salesforce as Saas: To use Salesforce, we don’t need to download or install it. By logging into your account, you can use Salesforce through the cloud.
- Salesforce as Paas: To use Salesforce, we don’t require any different platform. Through the developer’s code, we can establish and implement applications.
- Salesforce as Iaas: As the applications and data are saved safely on the salesforce cloud, no software and hardware installations are not required.
Features of Salesforce
- It facilitates assessing customer involvement by tracing email activities and translating them to customers.
- Through Salesforce, you can develop, handle and balance applications.
- It facilitates tackling customer feedback and queries.
- It allows us to trace the leads that are in course.
- The Interface of Salesforce provides drag and drop choices.
- Through sales forecasting, you will get an actual perspective of the forecast of the sales team.
- You can get an actual view of the business at a flash through reporting and dashboards feature.
- Through Partnership Management, we can develop communities with partners and allow them to exchange goals, objectives and activities.
- Through Analytics, we can carry out analysis, access the data, and create dashboards.
Types of Cloud
- Sales cloud: It can make all the end-user information integrate into a platform. It comprises marketing, lead generation and sales by which we can accomplish your business objectives.
- Service Cloud: Through this cloud, 4000 service agents resolve above 10million cases per year.
- Analytics Cloud: It allows companies to foresee the data.
- Commerce Cloud: It enables you to continuously provide customer experience and service.
- IoT Cloud: This cloud is employed by the organization to develop linked products.
- Community Cloud: It can immediately link with distributors, resellers and partners.
- Health Cloud: It helps in the health industry to perceive patients above their charts.
Differentiate Conventional CRM and Salesforce CRM
|Conventional CRM||Salesforce CRM|
|It is held on the server of the company.||It is held on the cloud.|
|To establish conventional CRM, it can take months or even years.||For salesforce CRM, it takes days or weeks to set up.|
|Traditional CRM is hard to grasp and use.||Salesforce CRM is easy to grasp and use.|
|It does not provide any customized service.||It provides customized services.|
|It cannot handle all the data in one place.||It can handle all data in one place.|
Salesforce’s Architecture comprises several components, and they are as follows:
1. Enterprise Ecosystem
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Salesforce’s Enterprise Ecosystem is pretty large, as several partners help to create and handle this platform.
2. Extendable Metadata Platform
This component enables you to personalize and helps in enhancing the volume of data or parallel user instances.
Salesforce Provides a strong collection of APIs to build the Mobile Applications.
Salesforce provides CRM services and also has a supplementary collection of enterprise applications that concentrates on requirements of the customers. It is developed to handle data of the enterprise. It contains all the characteristics, data structures and interfaces that are suitable for the requirements of the business. So, individuals who want to enhance their business knowledge on Salesforce is necessary for them.
Remaining topics will be continued from the next blog...keep following us.