If you are in search of material that could help you in cracking the Tableau Server interview, then you are at right place. In this blog, we are going to discuss most frequently asked questions in the tableau Server interview. Having a good grip over these questions would boost your confidence and then you can easily crack the interview. Let's get into the question and answers part.
Today, many MNCs are looking for Professionals who can work on Tableau. This Best of Tableau Server interview questions and answers will help you gain expertise in Tableau Server and clear interviews successfully.
Want to become a master in Data visualization?
Then visit to learn Mindmajix's Tableau Online Training
1. What is Data Visualization?
Ans: Data visualization is a process of converting data into a graphical format that can be understood by everyone. Visualization of data can be done by using various formats such as charts, maps, and graphs. It is quite challenging to understand the hidden insights or trends in data when it is in text format.
There are many data visualization tools available in the market, and they enable us to see trends, outliers, and patterns in data. Data visualization tools help the big data in leveraging the full potentiality.
2. For what Tableau Service is used for?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Ans: Tableau server is used for achieving self-service capabilities for your organization. It is mainly helpful for protecting access for the published content. This enables the managers to set up groups and user permissions in projects
3. what are the user roles available in Tableau server?
Ans: We have various types of user roles available in Tableau server. Each level differs in terms of accessibility to sensitive data. Below mentioned are the different types of user roles
- Server Administrator
- Site Administrator
4. Explain about various filters in tableau server?
Ans: Filters help in restricting the data from the database. In the tableau server, we have three types of filters which are
Normal filter: it is used to restrict the data from the database based on the dimensions that have been laid. This filter can be created by simply dragging a filter on to the filter shelf.
Quick filter: the name itself states that it is used to filter the reports dynamically. Using Quick filter one can filter the data on the Dashboards in real-time. You are required to define the range to filter the values during run-time.
Context filter: It is used to filter the data that resides in individual worksheets. Whenever a sheet queries a data, it creates a flat temporary table that contains all the values. This temporary table then used to filter the data.
5. explain the limitations of Context filters?
Ans: There are few limitations associated with Context filters in tableau server, which are
- Tableau takes time to place a filter in context
- It creates a very long for executing and building empty tables.
- It contains a lot of data that has not yet filtered by SQL or the context filter and takes a lot of time to filter data.
6. what is meant by data blending?
Ans: The data blending is a process of bringing the data into one tableau view from multiple sources without writing any special codes. Below mentioned are the areas where Data blending is used.
- To filter the data in the secondary dimension field.
- To view the data in a secondary dimension view.
7. Explain what the file extensions in the tableau are.
Ans: We have various types of file extensions in tableau which are
- Tableau data extract (.tde)
- Tableau packaged datasource (.tdsx)
- Tableau bookmark (.tdm)
- Tableau data source (.tds)
- Tableau map source (.tms)
- Tableau packaged workbook (.twbx)
- Tableau Workbook (.twb)
- Tableau preferences (.tps)
8. what is the difference between TWB and TWX?
Ans: TWB: it is an XML document which is made ready to you for the Tableau workbook. Which contains no data.
TWX: it is a Zipped’ one which contains the data like background images, file extracts, etc.
9. what are the Platforms that tableau can run on?
Ans: Tableau can run on Mac and Windows.
10. Do parameters contain a drop-down list?
Ans: Yes, the parameters do have the drop-down list.