Industries of all sizes are looking for analytics and creative business intelligence platforms for helping them to use the internal data and execute a contemporary method for data analysis. Among many Business Intelligence tools, Tableau and Domo are the popular ones. But we have to select the one that suits our requirements. For choosing a tool, we should know about that tool. So, in this article, we will provide you with a comparative study between Tableau and Domo that may help you in selecting one out of the two.
If you would like to Enrich your career and get a certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “Tableau Certification and Domo Training” Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Domo Vs Tableau
Tableau is a popular Data visualization tool, and it has a self-service analytics feature. It contains all the features like data visualization, data discovery, time-series analysis, survey analysis, etc. Domo analyzes and cleanses the data from any data source. Domo eases the load process, and extracts transform so that users can analyze the data without SQL. It comprises a data fusion property for integrating the data from various data sources. Some of the essential differences between Tableau and Domo are as follows:
Tableau splits the product tiers as per users and implementation requirements. Before buying the tableau product, users should decide whether they want to host the Tableau in the public cloud, or they want to host it on their server. After that, they can choose how many of each user type they require:
- Explorer: It is a standard business user position. Explorer can create and change visualizations.
- Creator: It is a data analyst user position. Explorer will standardize and load the data. Every account requires at least one creator.
- Viewer: Viewer can see and communicate with the visualization creators and explorers.
The personal package of Tableau costs you approximately $35/user per month, and the professional package costs you approximately $70/user per month.
Domo editions are divided according to the support level, administrative options and number of users. The enterprise edition of Domo provides unlimited data sets, storage, customized data permissions. Domo versions are as follows:
- Standard: we can use standard edition for teams equal to 20 users.
- Enterprise: The enterprise edition has no limits.
- Professional: When we compare with the standard version, the professional version will have more data and users.
In Domo, we have a free trial, and a subscription-based package costs you approximately $83/user per month.
2) Product Details
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Tableau Products are divided into three tiers; they are:
- Tableau Desktop Edition: We use Tableau Desktop Edition for visualizing and analyzing the data. It can also create reports.
- Tableau Server Edition: Tableau Server Edition will distribute and edit the BI resources.
- Tableau Online Edition: Tableau Online Edition is a hosted edition of Tableau Server Edition.
In Domo, we have three categories of editions:
- Domo Starter Edition: This edition is useful for small teams.
- Domo Professional Edition: This edition is useful for large teams.
- Domo Enterprise Edition: This edition contains all controls.
Tableau has more than 5700 customers like Dell, Citrix, Deloitte, Coca-Cola, etc.
Domo has more than 1000 customers like MasterCard, National Geographic, eBay, etc.
4) Data Source Connectors
Through In-memory and Live connection methods, Tableau retrieves big data sets from different data sources for rapid data analysis. Both the methods adapt our native database, and according to its capacity and size, they sync the data rapidly by fetching the appropriate data to a query. Tableau has a common Open Database Connectivity(ODBC) to any connections that do not contain the original connector.
Along with 1000 unauthorized connectors, Demo also provides a 1-Click App and Workbench. Workbench enables the data from on-site connectors to be downloaded into the cloud solution of Domo. 1-click apps are built-in connectors that allow the users to upload the data without depending on IT.
Tableau and Domo are famous for their strong dashboard capabilities. Tableau and Domo provide interactive dashboards with drill-down skills for data analysis and drag-and-drop characteristics for easy dashboard creation.
We can share the tableau dashboards online with the server or online. After downloading the worksheets, we can drill deeply into the data and implement several visualizations to mark the developments. However, for preparing the manipulate and correlate data, we must install the tableau desktop on our machine, and we also require some SQL knowledge.
In the below screenshot, we can see a sample tableau dashboard.
Domo is very popular for its scalable and appealing visualizations. It eases the ETL(Extract, Transform, and Load) process. Therefore users don’t require any SQL training for exploring and manipulating the data. As the data processing is executed in the cloud, retrieving the data can be slow and bulky.
Tableau provides a kind of consulting and implementation services. For organization level deployment, we require the following four-step process:
- Phase-1: This phase includes architecture consulting, IT Planning, server verification and installation, pre-install inspection, etc.
- Phase-2: This phase includes data mining, data modeling, data sources, data extraction, and business workflow.
- Phase-3: In this phase, we have a two-day classroom training that includes the topics like Tableau Basics, sophisticated hands-on training, building and designing visualizations.
- Phase-4: This is the last phase, and it helps the companies in increasing the tableau utilization throughout their business. It includes workshop implementation where topics like establishing measurable outcomes and assessing action plans are discussed.
Irrespective of our company size and implementation method, Tableau provides a Quick Start Service as per our requirements.
As Domo is a cloud-based solution, its implementation is lesser than the current on-site locations. Users can work with a customer service representative and an account manager. The timeline middles between one and two months; however, it entirely depends on the resources and requirements of customers. Domo training includes the following options:
- Online training videos accessible 24/7.
- Web-based training.
- Instructor-led public courses conducted at headquarters of Domo.
- Instructor-led training at users location.
Both Tableau and Domo are strong analytics and data visualization tools, and they can help businesses in taking the best decisions throughout the departments. Both provide extensive horizontal integration and the capability to scale up as our business grows. If you are looking for a cloud-app for building visually appealing dashboards, then Domo will be the right choice for you. If you are working in a hybrid environment and want to offer desktop access to a few users, then Tableau is the right choice for you. So, depending upon your requirement, select one out of the two. I hope this article provides you with the required information about Tableau vs Domo.