Amazon Elastic file system is defined as a scalable and simple file storage which is especially used with the Amazon EC2. With the help of this Amazon EC2, the storage capacity is reliable, enhanced and automatically shrink while when you are adding and removing the files. It has simple web services interfaces, which allow the users in order to create and configure the respective file systems easily and quickly. Avoid the complexity of patching, deploying and maintaining the complex file systems, it can simply manage the entire files storage infrastructure for you.
Generally, the Amazon EFS will support the various network file system versions like 4.1 and 4.0 protocol, whereas the tools and applications that you have chosen will work seamlessly with the help of it. The multiple Amazon EC2 instances you can easily get and provide an Amazon EFS file system in the mean data by offering the common data resource for workloads as well as the applications to run more than one server and instance. By using this Amazon EFS you can only for the storage that is used by your chosen file system. There is no need to get extra provision storage which will charge too cost in order to set up the file system.
If you would like to become an AWS Certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: "AWS Training Course".This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
The Amazon file system service is designed to be highly durable, highly scalable and highly available. With the help of this EFS file systems, you can also store the metadata and data across the various availability zones that contain in the particular region by allowing them to get an access from the respective Amazon EC2 instances directly to your data. It can also provide the semantics access like file locking and strong data storage consistency. Now the Amazon EFS file system will allow the users in order to control the access to your respective file system with the help of POSIX permissions.
Basically, this Amazon EFS file system will support the two types of encryption for the file systems in order to encrypt and transmit the file system. When creating the Amazon file system you can enable the encryption at rest. You can also encrypt the data and metadata as a whole by enabling the transit when you are mounting the file system. The AWS EFS is specifically designed to offer the low latency that needed for a broad range of workloads. By using this Amazon EFS, you can also scale up the IOPS as a file system increased by delivering the consistent low latencies.
The Amazon EFS at AWS will help us to create a new file system which may contain the multiple instances in order to count and give an approach in the mean time. The following are some of the steps that are described below to create a new EFS file system.
1. With the help of this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/efs/, you can able to open the Amazon EFS console system.
2. Now choose the option to create a file system.
3. After selecting the file system you are completely redirected to configure the file system access page. In order to approach the next page, you can follow the below-mentioned things.
In order to get the VPC, first, you need to choose the suitable VPC which are perfect for your instances.
a. Before investing into the mount targets, it is preferable to choose all Availability Zones.
b. Now you can ensure the values for each and every secured segment that you have already created and go to the next step.
c. Now you will be redirected to the optional settings page to configure the file, where you need to set a value for the file system by choosing the performance mode.
4. Choose Create File System on the respective to create and review page.
5. After completing file system creation, the ID of the Filesystem will be generated automatically.
By using this following procedure, the users are allowed to launch the respective 2 T2 micro instances. The clients are easily allowed to mount the script data for the efs in both instances while updating and launching to ensure all the file system that can be remounted after an automatic reboot process. You can launch this T2 instance easily in a subnet with the help of duplicate VPC.
1. First, you need to access the EC2 console page of Amazon with the help of this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
2. Now select the launch instance option.
3. Choose the Linux AMI of Amazon with the virtualization of HVM which is located in the Amazon machine image page.
4. Now replace the default instance type that is presented in the instance type page by clicking on the configure instance details.
5. Now perform the Instance Details on the Configure page.
6. On the respective security group of Configure pages, you can easily select the secured group by creating the new prerequisites and after choosing the launch and review.
7. Choose the launch option which is presented on the Instance review launch page.
8. By using the select option you can choose an existing pair or else you are able to invent a new key pair of the dialog box. Now check the acknowledgment checkbox and select the launch instances.
9. Coming to the next pane navigation pane, you can select the instances in order to check the current status of your instances. Of course in the initial the pending status after that it can run successfully and now all the instances are ready for the users use.
Before going to connect your instances, you need to be well checked which the file system are mounted perfectly according to the specified directory.
1. First, you need to connect yourself to the respective instances whether it is connected to your Linux instance or not.
2. Now open the terminal window in order to get each instance and start running the df-T command in order to verify the EFS file system which is already mounted.
3. Now you can create a file according to the file system that contains in the instance by viewing the file from another instance.
When you are done with the complete tutorial, you can terminate all the instances by yourself by deleting the respective file system.
If you interested to learn AWS and build a career in Cloud Computing? Then check out our AWS Certification Training Course at your near Cities
AWS Training in Ahmedabad, AWS Training in Bangalore, AWS Training in Chennai, AWS Training in Delhi, AWS Training in Dallas, AWS Training in Hyderabad, AWS Training in London, AWS Training in Mumbai, AWS Training in NewYork, AWS Training in Pune
These courses are incorporated with Live instructor-led training, Industry Use cases, and hands-on live projects. This training program will make you an expert in AWS and help you to achieve your dream job.
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
|AWS Training||May 23 to Jun 07|
|AWS Training||May 28 to Jun 12|
|AWS Training||May 30 to Jun 14|
|AWS Training||Jun 04 to Jun 19|
Prasanthi is an expert writer in MongoDB, and has written for various reputable online and print publications. At present, she is working for MindMajix, and writes content not only on MongoDB, but also on Sharepoint, Uipath, and AWS.
Copyright © 2013 - 2022 MindMajix Technologies