AWS CLI( Command Line Interface)
The AWS Command Line Interface is a combination of tools to manage all the Amazon Web Services associated within an organization. Using AWS Command Line Interface you can download, configure, control from your command line by automating the scripts.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a unified digital infrastructure service that developers can use to develop their business IT applications. They include compiling, database storage, and application and process synchronization.
AWS is highly secured cloud-based services that provide easy power to computing, deliver the content, manage the database along with their schema and data storage, and other infrastructures need for application developers. The unique features include its speed, flexibility pay as you use a kind of service, customer-centric, and usability. The AWS CLI takes complete control on those services that are required to build an application by putting together all the modules into one simple command line interface. It cuts down the traditional development of a module which consumes lot of time, effective interaction with a business analyst on every single step and also interfacing the system with a user-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI).
Installation and configuration of AWS CLI
There are certain prerequisites a user need to install AWS CLI:
- an AWS account
- an access key ID and secret access key
- Choose an installation platform
Step_1: Creating an AWS Account
Open https://aws.amazon.com, and then click Sign Up.
A confirmation email is sent to your personal mailing account once you have successfully created an account.
Note: Follow the instructions completely without neglecting any step.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Step_2: Creating AWS Access Key and Secret Key
- Login to AWS using the account ID given to you. And go to My Account/Console.
- Open the IAM console.
- From the navigation menu, click Users.
- Select your IAM user name.
- Click User Actions, and then click Manage Access Keys.
- Click Create Access Key.
- Click Download credentials.
- Your Key will look something like:
- Access key ID would be a 20-digit alpha code•
- Secret access key xxx/xxx/xxxx.
Step_3: Choosing the Installation Platform
Depending on the system you use, choose the appropriate platform to install the service.
- MSI Installer for Microsoft Windows – use the MSI installer (p. 5)
- Pip installer for Linux, OS X, or Unix (Ppip means -a package manager for Python software)
- You can also install manually with the bundled installer (p. 7)
Another unique feature of AWS is that it can be installed in Python/pip/CLI on Linux, MS Windows, macOS, or in a virtual environment. However, there are separate installation steps to follow for specific OS platforms.
I use a Linux platform, so providing the installing procedure on Linux.
- On Linux, you need to first check Python in your system using the syntax $ python --version
- Download and verify pip. If you do not have pip in your system Install it by downloading from https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing/
- Install AWS CLI using pip with the help of syntax $ sudo pip install awscli
- Confirm that the CLI is installed correctly by viewing the help file: $ aws help.
- Configure AWS
The script used to configure ASW is :
AWS CLI Install on Windows:
Advantages of AWS CLI
One of the principal benefits of AWS CLI is its capacity to spare significant time by taking less support of all administrations from one device, moving past GUIs, and robotizing procedures with shell scripting syntax..
Installing traditional AWS EC2 API toolbox made a few strides and constrained the client to set up numerous condition factors. There were a lot of spots to make a wrong move and bork the introduce. One immense advantage of AWS CLI is that its establishment is so smooth, snappy, basic, and institutionalized.
A dedicated CLI apparatus is required for every EC2 service which worked well, yet it didn't give clients a chance to control other Amazon Web Services, The AWS CLI, gives lets them do so.
The GUIs are awesome when you're simply taking in the ropes of a system framework. When you start running, the user-friendly graphical interface begins to remain in your direction. Most clients think that it’s quicker and easy to use the AWS CLI once they achieve a specific level of capability/expertise in the subject.
The capacity to provide automatic control of all Amazon's web administrations with contents is potentially the greatest advantage. Incomplete assignments can be automated without the presence of engineers who are expected to sign into the AWS Management Console.
There are certain precautions to take care while using AWS CLI or any other online service
- However, one should ensure the accreditations safely and privately. The command line interface makes everything simpler for overseeing Amazon Web Services for programmers and for clients. To pull their every day’s communications.
- Secure your applications by allowing only the application-layer access to your database. Anything outside-world connections are to be monitored carefully.
- Backup early and quite often with the help of Amazon EBS snapshots
- Use the Trusted Advisor of Amazon calls.
List Of AWS Courses Offered By Mindmajix:
|AWS Certified SysOps Administrator||AWS Certified Solutions Architect / Professional|
|AWS Certified Developer||AWS Lambda 2016|
|AWS Technical Essentials||AWS Database Migration Service|
|AWS Certified DevOps Engineer||and many more...|
If you interested to learn AWS and build a career in Cloud Computing? Then check out our AWS Certification Training Course at your near Cities
AWS Online Training in Ahmedabad, AWS Online Training in Bangalore AWS Online Training in Chennai, AWS Online Training in Delhi, AWS Online Training in Dallas, AWS Online Training in Hyderabad, AWS Online Training in London, AWS Online Training in Mumbai, AWS Online Training in NewYork, AWS Online Training in Pune
These courses are incorporated with Live instructor-led training, Industry Use cases, and hands-on live projects. This training program will make you an expert in AWS and help you to achieve your dream job.