AWS ClouWatch is considered as the monitoring service for the respective AWs cloud resources including various applications that you probably run on the AWS platform. It is also mostly used to collect and tract respective metrics, set alarms, monitor log files and collect data and will also be reacting to the changes that are going on in AWS resources automatically. This AWS CloudWatch will also help to monitor the AWS resources like Amazon EC2 instances, Amazon RDS DB instances, Amazon Dynamo DB instances and various custom metrics that are mostly generated with the help of various files and applications respectively.
The users or else clients can also use the Amazon CloudWatch in a bid to acquire system-wide visibility into the utilization of various resources, operational health, and other application performance. In an order to run your application smoothly, you can simply use the respective insights to give a reaction.
The below provided information is completely about the features and benefits of AWS CloudWatch:
1. Monitor Amazon EC2: Users can also have a view upon certain metrics for data transfer, CPU utilization and various activities of disk usage from Amazon EC2 instances without any need of additional charges. The detailed information of monitoring of EC2 instances will be provided with the combination of metric aggregation and higher resolution. There is no requirement of any additional software needs.
2. Monitor other AWS resources: It will help to monitor metrics on various AWS resources such as Amazon DynamoDB tables, Amazon RDS DB instances, Elastic load balancers, Amazon EBS volumes, Amazon Elastic MapReduce job flows, Amazon SNS topics, Amazon SQS queues and many other without any requirement of additional charges.
3. Monitor custom metrics: The Users or else the clients can easily submit the custom metrics that are generated by the own applications with the help of simple API request. They can also be monitored by Amazon CloudWatch. In an order to help you with the troubleshoot and spot trends, Users can store, send the metrics that play a vital role to enhance the operational performance of an application.
4. Monitor and Store logs: The CloudWatch logs can also be used in a bid to monitor and troubleshoot various systems and applications using the existing system, custom log files and application as well. All the currently existing system, application, and custom log files can be sent to the CloudWatch and can also take further steps to monitor with real-time scenarios. With all these necessary actions, you can easily operate the systems and applications and can store logs using low-cost storage and high durable access.
5. Set Alarms: To send any of the notification and take further automated actions, you can simply set an alarms of any metrics.
View Graphs and Statistics: Amazon CloudWatch Dashboards will play a vital role in AWS resources along with re-usable graphs and custom metrics as well. If you follow the process, one can easily monitor operational status and can easily let you know the various issues at glance. To have a view about minute data and historical data, Metric data is kept for a period of 15 months. This metric data which is kept for over a period will also have an effective graphing with AWS Management console and various metrics in the account.
Monitor and react to resources changes: CloudWatch events will also give an clear explanation to the AWS resources. Users can easily build up the workflows that can easily take the actions that you define automatically.
Amazon CloudWatch makes sure to deliver a scalable, reliable and flexible monitoring solution where the users can use within minutes.
Users cans simply have a contact with CloudWatch in a bid to monitor your AWS resources and the various applications that you're specifically run on the AWS in real time.
You can also send AWS resources to the AWS SNS topics, AWS Lambda functions, other target types, Streams in Amazon Kinesis etc with the help of various CloudWatch events.
Users can also monitor, access and store the respective log files from Amazon EC2 instances, other resources and AWS CloudTrail etc to use CloudWatch Logs.
Wanted to create Amazon CloudWatch Alarms, first you have to click on the Alarms link on the Amazon CloudWatch tab in the respective console of AWS Management. The list of the all the Alarm CloudWatch will be displayed on the screen. After the process, click on the on the Alarm button creation and go on through the interest metrics. At the final step, simply define an action and respective Alarm threshold to have certain actions when the state of the alarm will be changing.
To reach for the certain changes in your AWS resources, try to start using CloudWatch events. First, users have to click on the link of rules, which is probably under the Events on the Amazon CloudWatch tab in the AWS Management Console. Then next, you have to create a rule button and opt any of the event source and target. After the completion of these steps, then click on the configuration details, give a certain name to your rule and then click on the Create Rule.
Amazon CloudWatch is monitored in such a way that it can effectively and easily integrate with EC2. Generally, it is delivering two levels of the monitoring capabilities:
1. Basic Monitoring: There is no requirement of additional fees. It is completely packed with 7 pre-selected metrics, 3 status-check metrics as well which will be mostly produced at 1-min or 5-min interval packages.
2. Detailed Monitoring: This detailed monitoring probably will have an extra additional charge. This charges will help to enhance the frequency of all the metrics to 1-min interval period of time.
The AWS Services that the CloudWatch can monitor in an automatic way is EBS, RDS database instances, SQS Queues, and SNS topics.
If you interested to learn AWS and build a career in Cloud Computing? Then check out our AWS Certification Training Course at your near Cities
AWS Training Ahmedabad, AWS Training Bangalore AWS Training Chennai, AWS Training Delhi, AWS Training Dallas, AWS Training Hyderabad, AWS Training London, AWS Training Mumbai, AWS Training NewYork, AWS Training Pune
These courses are incorporated with Live instructor-led training, Industry Use cases, and hands-on live projects. This training program will make you an expert in AWS and help you to achieve your dream job.