Domo is one of the BI solutions. If you’re attending a Domo Interview, then you’re at the place. Our team compiled Top 20 Domo Interview Questions and Answers 2022. Check frequently asked Domo Interview questions and make sure you prepared all topics that are covered in our blog. Our Best Domo Interview Questions and Answers will help Domo freshers and experienced candidates to clear their Domo interview.
Our team curated Domo Interview Questions as follows:
Domo Interview Questions For Freshers
1. Explain about Domo?
Ans: The Domo Business Cloud provides BI leverage at cloud scale, in rapid time, to businesses of all sizes. Domo is the industry's only mobile-native and cloud-based platform. Domo is a full-stack BI solution that lets you connect and transform data, visualize and analyze it, and then develop and expand apps.
2. What is meant by BI solutions?
Ans: A BI solution, in general, is a mixture of technology and strategies for collecting, processing, and understanding data from external and internal sources, to deliver data and insights about the prior, existing, and prospective condition of the subject under consideration.
3. Why Domo?
Ans: Domo's primary functions will be data analytics and visualization. Domo is also being used for many other real-time activities aside from these. Domo is thus one of the most prominent business intelligence tools. I'd like to go over the major reasons why we should have Domo in our business firms:
- This software solution allows the user to undertake real-time data analysis in a real-world setting.
- You can run your business utilizing mobile phones if you use the Domo tool.
- Domo is offered in the form of an application (app) so that you may simply access it.
- This provides business insight and analytics based on data.
- It provides a high level of mobility and consumerization.
- Data monitoring at a more mature level is also feasible.
- Making decisions: This Domo translates business data into useful information. This enables management to make data-driven decisions.
- This is beneficial to business assistance and dashboard services.
- Because of the Domo business tool, mobile services are becoming more accessible.
|Do you want to build your career in Domo, then Visit Mindmajix - a global online training platform: "DOMO Training" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain
4. Explain how to connect, transform and build your data in Domo?
- Connect and Transform: Using Domo as the gateway for all your systems, you can connect, integrate, and retrieve your data. Fully-featured ETL features in the Domo cloud enable you to prepare your information for distribution.
- Visualize and analyze: Visualize the raw data from all over your business to turn it into usable information so you can get insights quicker. To keep one step ahead of your competition, use predictive analytics and enhanced alerts.
- Build and Extend Applications: Create your own apps or collaborate with Domo to create custom apps based on your data. Integrate analytics with the software you provide or integrate them across Domo-hosted deployments.
5. What are the supported browsers of advanced Domo?
Ans: Domo Advanced is presently compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7 and earlier.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7 and earlier.
- Versions 5 and later of Apple Safari®.
- Google Chrome 12 and later versions.
- Other sites may also function properly, but they do not have a high level of involvement.
6. Explain about Domo Architecture in detail?
Ans: Domo architecture describes the components and their uses. The graphic below will give you an understanding of how real-time Domo components are used and what they do. So let us discuss with Architecture;
Let us consider the Domo advanced components:
- Implementation in Windows: This server is ideal for running your application without the need for java web application servers. This network route allows traffic between the web client and Domo advanced to transit through and tends to come from Microsoft IIS.
- Domo architecture is comprised of various applications, including:
- Domo Builder: It is a type of desktop application created in the Java programming language that is mostly used to develop and build dashboard apps.
- As an added security measure, any of these Domo data centres can be set to use SSL.
- Browsers that are supported: Domo sophisticated administrator is used to set up and administer numerous Domo servers.
- Mobile Servers: This Domo mobile server is a customized smartphone app browser that is mostly used with iPhones, Android devices, and other mobile.
- These applications, components and servers can be accessed via the Domo dashboard.
7. Explain advanced components in Domo Architecture?
Ans: Domo Advanced consists of the following applications:
- Domo Advanced Builder is a Java-based desktop program for designing and building dashboard applications. It runs on Mac OS/ X®, Windows®, Linux®, and other operating systems that support Java®.
- Domo Advanced Server is a Java-based server program that operates on a Java web app server. This is the core Domo application, which provides dashboards as web applications.
- Domo Advanced Administrator is a Java-based server application that operates on a Java web application server. One or even more Domo Servers are configured and managed using the Administrator. This application should be deployed on a secure server that is separate from the Domo Advanced Server in operational setups.
- Domo Mobile is a dedicated mobile application that offers connectivity to Domo dashboards on iPad®, iPhone®, Blackberry, and AndroidTM smartphones.
8. Tell us about Security and Authentication in Domo?
Ans: Providing secure and limited access to dashboard applications is an important aspect of any solution. While some programs may be accessible to all employees in an organization, others may be associated with particular groups based on their job functions. Domo Advanced can be set up to work with the existing Active Directory, LDAP, or a unique authentication system. If the network is established, any of these applications can be implemented to control SSO (single sign-on). Typically, LDAP authentication and Active Directory can be handled solely using configuration settings.
A custom authentication module, known as an authentication plugin, will be required for different authentication setups. An authentication plugin uses an API to interface with a database or internal system, verifying authentication/access authorization for a given user, as well as the organizations to which the person is entitled, the user's email address, and other vital information. Java is used to create the authentication plugin. SSO systems are often tailored to a company's own needs, ranging from in-house development to bespoke commercial solutions.
Integrating with these environments will necessitate the creation of a bespoke authentication plugin. As a starting point for a custom solution, the product includes several examples of authentication plugins. Professional Services at Domo may also assist with the development of a bespoke authentication plugin.
Domo Interview Questions For Experienced
9. What is meant by Data Sources in Domo?
Ans: When data from an external source is loaded into Domo Advanced Server, it is stored internally in a data funnel. A data funnel is multiple representations of data, regardless of the data's actual source. Data can be modified, altered, processed, transformed, and performed in several ways once it is loaded into a data funnel before being digested into a visual representation (gauge, map, etc.) or displayed in another format, such as a table.
- Data from a wide range of sources can be accessed by Domo Advanced Server. Java JDBC drivers are used to connect to databases. ODBC is also accessible in Windows systems. Microsoft SQLServer®, PostgreSQL, DB2, MySQL, and Oracle are just a few of the major databases supported. However, Domo Advanced should be able to access any SQL database that has a JDBC driver via database-specific SQL statements.
- Domo Advanced Server can read information from various web pages in CSV, HTML tables, tab-delimited text files, and Microsoft Excel files.
- Domo Advanced Server may also retrieve OLAP cube data using the XMLA interface. SAP Business Warehouse, Microsoft Analysis Services, Pentaho Mondrian, Oracle Hyperion Essbase, and other cubes implement this interface.
10. Details about Domo Software Pricing?
Ans: Domo's pricing is determined by several things. User counts, Data size, customization requests, and desired update frequency are among them. Domo is incredibly versatile, which means it may be an excellent fit for a wide range of use cases. However, because each use case is different, it's difficult to promote software rates. Domo's website does not presently display pricing. Each Domo project is tailored to the specific needs of each customer. Domo offers a 30-day free trial that includes all features. They also provide free software demos so that organizations may get a feel for it before purchasing it.
11. What are the advantages of Domo?
Ans: The following are some of the benefits of utilizing Domo:
- It satisfies the requirements of data intelligence.
- We'll be able to spend less effort on data integrations in the backend.
- Data from several datasets can be combined.
- The datasets might be on-premise or cloud-based.
- To make faster decisions, gain insight into data.
- It has capabilities for machine learning.
- It also ensures the data's security and governance.
12. What are the disadvantages of Domo?
Ans: Following are a few disadvantages of Domo:
- Lack of opportunity to develop in an offline environment.
- Data extraction might be challenging.
- Content migration across different environments will be difficult for legacy IT teams.
- Technical analysts frequently request further customization choices.
13. Differentiate between Tableau and Domo?
Ans: The differences between Tableau and Domo:
|Data sources and Data connectors
||Keep a complete list of data sources as well as specialized connectors on hand.
||Domo has a large number of data sources, most of which are centred on the company's strategic roles, as well as specialized connectors.
||Being one of the earliest BI products data teams, there is a large ecosystem of users and talent available.
||Because of the tool's ease of use, it has a lot of possibilities and a lot of community.
||Tableau cloud/servers can be accessed through websites, while Tableau Reader can be used in local contexts.
||It's entirely cloud-based, with primary sources of data to dashboards, collections, and cards.
|Data Size and growth
||All of its connectors are excellent at handling data.
||All of the connectors in Domo handle data very well, and the Domo software team updates them regularly.
|Timelines and Cost
||Backend activities and SQL data transfers can be used to optimize the management of enormous amounts of data. This is a costly tool.
||Backend activities and ETL/SQL data flows can be incorporated to optimize the management of vast amounts of data. This is a cost-effective tool.
[ Related Article: Tableau vs Domo ]
14. Explain about various Data Types in Domo?
Domo Data Types are divided into two categories:
Data type in common use: There are four new data types introduced to this type:
- LONG: This data type contains numeric values such as Whole numbers, integers, and floating-point numbers as a numeric values.
- DOUBLE: This data type contains the value of a floating-point number with two decimal places.
- STRING: In Domo, a string is a text that contains alphanumeric characters.
- DATE: It saves values such as the year, month, and day.
- TIME: This data type stores values for the hour, minute, and second.
Various data types: Two new data types have been added to this data type:
- BINARY: This type of data is used to hold values for Division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction.
- DECIMAL: This data type stores values in the 0 to 1 range.
15. Give a brief description of Domo Functions?
Ans: Domo has a variety of functions that can be used to accomplish various tasks. The following are the most important Domo functions:
- APPROXIMATE COUNT (DISTINCT) - APPROX Returns an estimate of the number of unique values in the column.
- AVG - Gets the average value for each sequence in the column.
- CEILING - Returns the maximum value in a column for each sequence.
- COUNT - Gets the total number of rows in a column.
- FLOOR - Returns the minimum value in a numeric column for each sequence.
- ABS - Returns the exact value of all numeric values in a column.
- MOD - Returns the remainder of every value in a quantitative column when divided by a certain number.
- POWER - Raises all values in a numeric column to a specified power.
- RAND - Returns a number between 0 and 1 that is random.
- ROUND - Returns a numeric column's values rounded to the specified decimal place.
- CASE - Use to start logical statements like when... Then or when... else.
- IFNULL - Used in logical statements where a replacement for null values is required.
- NULLIF - If the value in the first column equals the value in the second column, NULLIF returns null; otherwise, it returns the first column if this condition is not satisfied.
- CONCAT - Strings from two or more string columns are concatenated.
- INSTR - Returns the place of the initial string repetitions in a column, usually starting with the first letter.
- LEFT - Returns the given set of characters from the left in each string in the provided column.
- LENGTH- The set of words in each string in the provided column is returned.
- LOWER - Lowers the case of strings in one or more string columns.
Date and Time Functions:
- ADD DATE - Replaces date or date-time data in a date column with date or date-time values.
- ADDTIME - Multiplies all values in a time column by a specified number of seconds.
- CURDATE - The current date is returned by.
- CURTIME - The current time is returned by.
- HOUR - For all values in a date/time column returns the hour.
- MONTH - It returns the current month.
16. What are Domo Capabilities and Features?
- This platform allows you to link all of your existing company data/applications and facilitates business cloud operations.
- This also makes it easier for users to combine all of their existing company data.
- Domo is a platform that is offered in the form of apps created by third-party developers.
- Features for social media communication and messaging have also been introduced.
- Using your cell phone, you may control this Domo from anywhere.
17. What is meant by the ‘DemoR’ Plugin in Domo?
Ans: The DomoR plugin may be used to acquire a dataset from Domo and process it in R. The modified dataset can then be uploaded to Domo. We can even use R to construct an unexplored dataset in Domo.
18. Can you download the Datasets from Domo to Google sheets?
Ans: Yes, the datasets from Domo can be downloaded to Google Sheets. The Domo Google Sheets Add-on makes this feasible. We can integrate the data from Domo to maintain everything updated once we enable this add-on in Google Sheets.
19. What is meant by DataFusion in Domo?
Ans: Using 'DataFusion,' we can integrate data from two datasets. 'Add Columns' can be used to merge data from related columns with the same header. To join rows from two datasets with the same headers, we can utilize 'Add Rows.'
20. Can we create ETL flows in Domo?
Ans: Yes, we can use ETL DataFlows in Domo to develop ETL flows. We may aggregate datasets from many sources, apply transformations, and then visualize the results.
Here is the end of the blog. Above Best 20 Domo Interview Questions and Answers helps you to clear interviews. Any queries or suggestions comment us in the below section our team will try to reach you ASAP.